1. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
2. Use a fork to prick the sweet potatoes. Place into the pre-heated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
3. Once soft, remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to touch. Peel off the skin and discard, then place the sweet potatoes into a blender and purée. Set the purée aside to cool.
4. Mix the sweet potato purée with the oil, then add 120ml of the milk, the eggs, vanilla extract and yoghurt, and mix until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and then add the remaining milk, stirring to mix.
5. In a second large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, the salt and cinnamon. Add the liquid and mix, then add the chopped walnuts and stir through.
6. Place an oiled frying pan over a medium to high heat until hot. For each pancake, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Fry for 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned, then remove from the pan and serve with a drizzle of date syrup.
Our thanks to American Sweet Potato for providing this recipe
Visit our sweet potato recipe section for more delicious meal ideas