Say 'Yes' to Exceptional
Our new initiative, Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional, is part of our cultural shift to always do the right thing for the customer. Inspiring Saga colleagues to be curious and to challenge the status quo, this exciting new initiative empowers them to say ‘yes’ and build stronger relationships with our customers.
Giving our people more authority and more autonomy, Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional encourages individuals to go above and beyond for our customers and create real connections with them. Whether it’s sending a customer a card on their birthday or a bunch of flowers to let them know Saga cares, all Saga Claims employees now have a monthly budget they can use to spread some Saga joy to our customers. Here’s how they’ve been putting the initiative to good use so far…
- Ben Tarver arranged the first gift to be sent under our new Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional initiative.
After clearing out his spare room to make space for his new-born baby, our customer moved everything into the shed. Unfortunately, his shed was then broken into. Whilst Ben was setting up the home insurance claim, he built a great rapport with the customer who told him that his baby’s name was Buzz. Ben quickly and effortlessly arranged to send our customer a Buzz Lightyear baby-grow - an excellent example of how we can all provide #ExceptionalExperiences. Great work Ben!!
- Ashleigh Thomas recently processed an order for a policy holder under the Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional scheme. The policy holder called in today to thank me personally for the excellent service, and beautiful flowers and chocolates she had received in the post. She said she had 'tears of joy' when receiving her gift and said it had genuinely made her day after experiencing a very difficult time lately and that it was just 'what she needed’.
- Izolda Reeder has said ‘yes’ twice already.
Izolda was dealing with a claim where the named driver had been hit in the rear by a third party, resulting in the named driver sustaining injury. Our customer explained that they had only just replaced their car due to a previous incident and expressed how both incidences had negatively impacted his mental health. Izolda identified the difficult time our customer and his wife had been through and, under the Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional initiative, she sent the customer some flowers and a personalised message.
Izolda sent out her second Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional gift to a customer who had been left shaken after a parking incident. As Izolda has been in a similar situation herself, she knew just how the customer was feeling and felt a little gift would uplift the customer.
- Susan Duff received a call from her customer following the delivery of her Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional treat. The customer wanted to thank her personally for the lovely hamper she received. She was very grateful and emotional for the gesture, following her hospital stay.
- Utilising our Say ‘Yes’ to Exceptional scheme, Emily Senior sent flowers to our customer following a motoring incident which coincided with our customer’s birthday. Our customer was delighted to receive these flowers and left the following post on Facebook – “I just don’t know what to say! When sorting out my insurance claim after having a car accident last month, I had a chat with a lovely lady called Emily. This morning a gorgeous bouquet of flowers were delivered - wishing me a happy birthday from her and Saga Claims. Thank you so very much, appreciated and delighted with the gesture”
- Lee Hudson said ‘yes’ following a conversation with a customer who highlighted that they have had a difficult few months. Having recently undergone an operation restricting his mobility and ability to drive, this resulted in our policy holder’s daughter-in-law using the policy holder’s vehicle - and subsequently having an accident. Lee identified throughout the call how distressed the customer was and utilised the new initiative, sending the policy holder a gift with a personal message to let them know we are thinking of them at this difficult time.