Skip to main content
Skip to content

Flood Re

Saga has joined Flood Re to help the over 50s living in flood risk areas to get more affordable home insurance

0800 092 3298

Call centre opening times:

Weekdays 8:30am - 8:00pm
Weekends 9:00am - 5:00pm

Flood Re Logo

Flood risk home insurance

Flood Re is a scheme devised by the government and the insurance industry. It has been set up to help people protect their properties with home insurance in high flood risk areas.

How does Flood Re work?

When you buy or renew your home insurance, your insurer will consider whether to cover the flood section of the policy. If they choose not to, they can pass the flood risk over to Flood Re for a premium rather than declining to insure your property, or applying a high premium and excess. Your insurer will still be liable for any other claims such as fire and theft, but any flood claim will be funded by the Flood Re scheme.

For more information please read the following Flood Re leaflet.

How can flood reinsurance help you?

  • Saga may be able to offer you cover if you live in a flood risk area.
  • The scheme makes no difference to how you buy or renew your home insurance with us.
  • Once you’ve purchased a policy, you will always deal with Saga and the insurer even if you have to make a claim for flooding.
  • Some properties are excluded from Flood Re – for example, properties built after 2009, commercial properties (including those let to tenants, covered by Landlord Insurance) and properties located in the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

If you wish to buy your home insurance through Saga and you have experienced a flooding incident at your current property, then please call us on 0800 092 3298. If you live in a flood risk area and have not experienced a flooding incident, you can either call this number or get a quote online.

Please see our how to make a claim page for further details on making a claim.