What is a home emergency?
Put simply, a 'home emergency' is an event that happens suddenly and unexpectedly and needs immediate action. In the event of a home emergency, Saga will send an approved tradesman to your property to:
- prevent damage or further damage to your home; and/or
- make your home safe, secure and habitable.
The following situations are classed as emergencies...
- Your toilet won't flush
- There is a totally blocked drain within the boundary of your property
- The kitchen sink is blocked and unusable
- A water pipe suddenly starts leaking badly and there's nothing you can do to stop it
- You lose all power to your home and/or all your lights stop working
- There's a wasp nest inside or attached to your home.
The following situations are not classed as emergencies...
A leak from the roof that has been happening for some time or is not unexpected
The locks on the front door have stopped working, however the door is secure and access to the property is possible via the back door
The inner pane of your double glazing has broken, other panes are fine and the property is safe and secure.
In addition, we could not help you with the following...
An emergency that happens due to something that you were aware of either before the start of the policy, or within the first 14 days of the policy
If you live in a property with shared facilities, for example a flat, we cannot help with problems relating to a roof, plumbing, water supply pipes, drainage, electrics, doors or windows, if these are shared.