1. If you have a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. To make by hand, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth and evenly combined.
3. Beat in the egg and ground almonds then work in the flour and mixed spice until you have a smooth dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/ gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with parchment.
5. Dust the work surface with a little Homepride flour and roll out the dough to around 1cm thick.
6. Use Christmas shaped cutters (trees, stars, holly leaves, bells) and carefully transfer the biscuits to the trays.
7. Bake for around 15 minutes until just golden around the edges.
8. Leave on the trays to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the icing
Decorate using writing icing, such as drawing the outline of the shape or decorating with swirls, stripes, spots and sprinkles.
If you’d like to try more recipes using 100% British flour, visit www.homeprideflour.co.uk
Visit our Christmas recipes section for more ideas for festive baking