Asda’s fishmonger, Darren Wrend, has created a series of simple recipes to show you how to cook a delicious whole salmon. Perfect for dinner parties or for the family to share, these quick and easy recipes are sure to go down well.
1. Pre-heat the oven to/200°C /Gas mark 5
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
3. Cut six pieces of string (measure from hand to elbow) and lay along the width of the baking tray
4. Place one fillet in the middle of the string, skin side down
5. Season well with cracked black pepper and sea salt, then place five wedges of lemon across the salmon fillet
6. Place a layer of cod in the middle of the salmon (about three fillets), and squeeze the juice of one lemon over the cod
7. Lay the second fillet on the work surface, skin side down, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper
8. Place the second fillet on top of the first fillet so the skin is upwards. To secure the fish take both ends of string wrap around the salmon and tie in little bows, finally season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and drizzle over a little olive oil
9. Place the salmon filled with cod in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, until the skin has gone crispy
Fishmonger Darren Wrend prepares a salmon and cod parcel.
Try one of our other salmon recipes, including recipes for a whole salmon en croute in flaky puff pastry, and whole poached salmon. Alternatively go back to basics with our guide to cooking salmon.