- Cook the rice in boiling water following the instructions on the packet. Strain.
- Wash the broccoli and spring onions. Cut the broccoli into very small florets. Slice the spring onions. Peel and chop the garlic.
- Peel the prawns but leave the tails on. Cut them lengthwise in the direction of the tail but not quite through. Take out the black/brown intestine.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the broccoli for 3 minutes. Add the prawns and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and garlic and, after 1 minute, stir in the lime juice to taste, the tomato ketchup and soy sauce.
- Divide the rice and sweet and sour prawns between two small plates. Serve cold or warm.
Tip: You can also add some hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco for a bit of pep.
From Healthy Eating During Chemotherapy, published by Kyle Cathie, RRP £12.99.