- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 600ml vegan vegetable stock*
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan red wine
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
*Gluten-free stock is available in most supermarkets.
1. Gently fry the onion in the oil in a large, deep pan for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mustard seeds, garlic, celery and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the stock, cranberry sauce, wine and herbs, season and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Purée with a stick blender until smooth.
This gravy will keep for up to three days in the fridge, or it can be frozen for up to three months.
Energy: 52 kcals Protein: 1.1g Carbohydrate: 5.8g Of which sugars: 5.2g Fat: 0.9g Of which saturates: 0.1g Fibre: 1.6g Salt: 1.2g
Our thanks to The Vegetarian Society for providing this recipe.
Visit our vegetarian and vegan recipe sections for more delicious meat-free meals