Warm asparagus, griddled chicken and feta salad with a red pepper and chilli dressing recipe
What better way to welcome back the longer days than with a wonderful warm spring salad?
warm asparagus, griddled chicken and feta salad with a red pepper and chilli dressing recipe
Asparagus chicken and feta salad
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 30ml olive oil
- 350g chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, peeled and seeded
- 30ml sweet chilli sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Clean the asparagus and trim any white ends or peel with a vegetable peeler, then cut each spear in half and steam for 3 minutes.
- Heat 30ml of the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add chicken fillets. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, put the dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until roughly blended.
- Arrange asparagus, chicken, feta and cherry tomatoes in a large serving dish and drizzle with the red pepper and chilli dressing. Serve with warm bread or steamed new potatoes.
Asparagus is a rich source of vitamins A and C, folic acid and dietary fibre. It also contains potassium and iron.
Our thanks to 'I'm in season' for permission to use this recipe
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.