1. Clean, wash and top and tail the beans. Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until firm to the bite. Drain and set aside.
2. Toast the bread, cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
3. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sweat the onions over a medium heat until translucent. Then add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
4. Stir in the paprika followed by the tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Add the cooked beans to the sauce and cook together for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pieces of bread and chopped parsley and serve.
Vegan Recipes from Spain by Gonzalo Baró, published by Grub Street Publishing, £18.99
Visit our Spanish recipe section for more delicious recipe ideas