1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and fry for 4 minutes until soft. Stir in the chilli, the tomatoes and the spices and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and divide into four.
2. Heat a little oil in the frying pan, add one quarter of the tomato mixture to the pan, then pour in a quarter of the beaten eggs.
3. Cook over a medium heat pushing the cooked towards the centre of the pan until no runny egg remains.
4. Cook for a minute more until the base is golden.
5. Fold the omelette in the pan and tip onto a warm plate. Garnish with chopped coriander.
6. Repeat to make 3 more omelettes in the same way.
Our thanks to the British Egg Council for providing this recipe.