1. Soak the shiitake mushrooms in just-boiled water for 20 minutes, or until soft. Once soft, drain but reserve the mushroom liquid.
2. Gently crumble the extra firm tofu with your hands and season with 2 tsp light soy and 1 tsp sesame oil.
3. Dice the soft tofu into 1cm cubes (handle gently).
4. Heat oil in a wok and quickly add minced garlic, mushrooms and crumbled extra firm tofu.
5. Stir well with a metal spatula.
6. After 1 minute, when the garlic has started to colour add Wing Yip Spicy Szechuan Sauce and continue cooking for 5 minutes. If you prefer your dish to be quite wet, add some of the reserved mushroom liquid at this stage.
7. Add the diced soft tofu and cook for further 2 minutes, allowing tofu to absorb sauce.
8. Just before removing from the heat gently stir in onions.
9. Garnish with more sliced spring onions and the diced red chilli and serve with boiled rice.
Recipe provided by Wing Yip, the UK's largest Oriental grocer, to celebrate National Vegetarian Week. Wing Yip has stores in Birmingham, Cricklewood, Croydon and Manchester, as well as an online shop www.wingyipstore.co.uk
Visit our Asian recipe section for more delicious recipe ideas