A pomegranate green tea cooler makes the perfect non-alcoholic drink the whole family can enjoy, whether among Italy’s lush green countryside, or next to its glorious beaches and lakes.
Refreshing green tea, red pearls of pomegranate seeds, the zing of Italian lime and the floral aroma of thyme. Finished off with tonic water this mocktail is a sparkling delight which will keep you cool and hydrated throughout the day.
Makes 2 mocktails
- 2 Green tea bags
- 200ml cold water
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 4 springs of thyme plus more to decorate
- 30ml Pomegranate & elderflower cordial
- Juice of ½ Italian lime
- 2 handfuls of ice plus more to serve
- Tonic water
- Slices of lime to serve
1. Steep the green teabags in 200ml of cold water for 10 mins.
2. Remove the teabags and pour the tea into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add the ice, pomegranate cordial, the sprigs of thyme and the lime juice to the cocktail shaker.
4. Shake the cocktail shaker until the outside of it is very cold, the longer you can do this the more the thyme will infuse.
5. Put the pomegranate seeds (reserve a few to decorate) and ice into the glasses.
6. Strain the liquid from the cocktail shaker into the glasses and top with tonic water to add a little fizz.
7. Add slices of lime, sprigs of thyme and the remaining pomegranate seeds to decorate.
This recipe is provided by James Villas, find out how to make the most of your holiday with their useful holiday guides. Exclusive 10% off James Villas for Saga customers.
Visit our cocktail section for more great cocktail and mocktail recipes
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.