1. For the breadcrumbs; heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the breadcrumbs with the lemon or lime zest and juice for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently until golden brown. Remove from the heat and add the chives.
2. To make the sticky dressing; in a small bowl mix together the vinegar, honey and mustard. Transfer to two separate bowls.
3. Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and brush each steak on both sides with the dressing from one bowl.
4. Heat a non-stick pan and cook the lamb for 6-8 minutes on each side. During the last 2-3 minutes sprinkle with the breadcrumbs over the lamb. Warm the dressing from the second bowl.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain and roughly mash, season and stir through the cream cheese.
6. Transfer the lamb onto a plate with the breadcrumbs. Drizzle with the warm dressing and serve with the crushed seasonal vegetables.
For the oven version to this recipe
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C/375°F. Follow method points 1-3. Transfer the lamb to an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 12-18 minutes. Follow method point 5. 2-3 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the lamb from the oven. Carefully drain away any meat juices from the pan and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and return to the oven. Serve with the remaining dressing and crushed vegetables.
Our thanks to www.simplybeefandlamb.com for providing this recipe.