1. To prepare the broad beans; bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 2 minutes, drain and when cool enough to handle peel the pale outer skin and set aside.
2. To prepare the mustard mayonnaise; in a small bowl mix the ingredients together and set aside.
3. To prepare the salad dressing; put the parsley or chives in a large bowl and add the garlic, oil, spinach leaves or pea shoots and broad beans. Toss gently to coat. Season if required.
4. Season the steaks, brush with the oil and cook in a preheated griddle pan, under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference (based on a 2cm (¾inch) thick steak: rare: 2½ minutes on each side, medium: 4 minutes on each side, well done: 6 minutes on each side) Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Pile the salad leaves on to a serving plate. Slice the steaks diagonally, adding any meat juices to the sauce. Toss the strips in the salad and drizzle with the sauce.
6. Serve immediately with the mayonnaise and crusty bread.
Our thanks to Simply Beef and Lamb for providing this recipe.