Ruth Hinks' Raspberry Crémeux & Red Glaze
1 May 2020
Ruth Hinks is an award-winning chocolatier and pastry chef. Her work is regularly showcased on national television and at culinary exhibitions around the world.
85g Whipping cream
120g Raspberry puree
160g Dark chocolate (54%)
80g Cold whipping cream
700g White Chocolate
12g Gelatine leaves (bronze)
80g White Chocolate
8g Vegetable oil
Tbs Freeze dried raspberries (optional)
Tbs Chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
1. Place chocolate and oil together in a plastic bowl.
2. In a microwave (low power), melt together chocolate and oil stirring regularly.
3. Mix in the cornflakes.
4. Push mixture into small cake cutters and set in fridge.
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften.
2. Bring the glucose and milk to the boil.
3. Squeeze out excess water from the gelatine and dissolve in the hot milk.
4. Pour onto the white chocolate and allow to melt.
5. Add the colouring and mix well with a hand blender.
1. Bring to the boil the whipping cream (85g), honey, glucose and raspberry puree.
2. Pour the mixture into the chocolate to make an emulsion.
3. Add the remaining cold cream (80g) and blend with a hand blender.
4. Pour mixture into your moulds and freeze.
Watch the video below for instructions.
See more recipes like this
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated. The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.