A creamy cocktail recipe with the tropical taste of white rum, coconut, pineapple and fresh lime juice.
The cool sea breeze, the sand tickling your toes, the sun beating down and the tropical flavours of coconut, pineapple and lime can only mean one thing, you’re in the Caribbean. Caribbean Blast is a refreshingly light but creamy and zesty cocktail with a subtle blast of Caribbean white rum.
- Juice ½ fresh lime
- 1 slice of pineapple, skin removed
- 40ml coconut cream
- 60ml Caribbean white rum
- 80ml coconut water
- Dash of sugar syrup to taste
- Handful of ice
- Lime to decorate
1. Cut the pineapple into chunks and put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. The more ice used the thicker, and more frozen, the cocktail will be and the further it will go.
3. Pour the frozen cocktail into a glass and decorate with a wedge of lime, or a slice of pineapple.
If there is no blender available:
Cut the pineapple into chunks and crush with the back of a knife.
Put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake until the outside of the shaker is very cold and the ingredients are well mixed.
Pour into a glass and decorate with a wedge of lime.
Visit our cocktail section for more great cocktail recipes
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.