1. In a saucepan heat the fish stock, and keep warm.
2. In a separate heavy sauce pan, mix together the olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf. On a low heat, cook for approximately 10 minutes. Do not allow the onion to colour, instead let it soften and go translucent.
3. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon, listening out for the rice to crack. Once you hear the cracking, add the white wine and a ladleful of warm stock. Add the saffron and begin to stir. Make sure the rice has fully absorbed the stock before you add another ladle. Continue adding stock until the rice is tender and cooked through.
4. Mix the butter into the rice before adding the prawns and mussels. Lastly, add the sliced scallops, peas and herbs. Stir gently and carefully. You just want to lightly warm the seafood and gently cook the scallops.
5. Mix in the grated Parmesan and a seasoning of salt and pepper, before dividing among plates or bowls and serving immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Great British Chefs. Visit their site for more great risotto recipes.