- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°f/gas 3.
- Cut beef into large chunks.
- Season each piece of beef with salt and pepper and colour all over.
- Add a knob of butter and add the carrots, onions and cook until nice and brown.
- Stir in the flour until golden brown, add the orange juice and bring to boil.
- Add the red wine and the peel of 2 oranges, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, peppercorns and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce by 2/3 and add the stock.
- Bring to simmer, cover with a lid and cook in the oven for an hour at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the lid, spoon 4-6 of the dumpling mix on top place lid back on and place back in oven for another hour.
- Remove the lid in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Method for the horseradish dumplings
- Bring milk, horseradish and butter to the boil.
- Stir in the semolina and cook until thick.
- Beat until cool then add the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop onto cooking beef 1hr before.
Monica Galetti has created a range of seasonal recipes for the Organic. Naturally Different campaign which demonstrate the benefits of buying organic products for the savvy shopper. For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/organicuk