1. Place the spinach, dill, 2 eggs, milk, flour, sugar and seasoning in large bowl. Blend everything together to make a smooth batter - it will be thick like yogurt.
2. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 3 heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot pan and wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden.
3. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the cooked pancakes warm.
4. Fill a frying pan with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Gently crack in the 4 eggs and poach for 3 minutes or according to your taste.
5. Remove from the heat and lift from the pan with a slotted spoon.
6. Stack the pancakes on 4 plates, top with folds of smoked salmon and the poached eggs.
7. Serve with the lemon creme fraiche and lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per serving
Energy: 300 kcals
Total fat: 12.2g
Saturated fat: 8.4g
Our thanks to British Lion Eggs for providing this recipe.
For more Shrove Tuesday ideas visit our pancake recipe hub