For the pastry
1. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and stir through to mix.
2. Add both the fats and rub in using your fingertips. The mixture should resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Adding a tbsp. of water at a time, mix the pastry with a round ended knife to a soft dough.
4. Use your hands to bring it together into a smooth ball.
5. Chill for 20 minutes before use.
For the filling
1. Roll out the pastry to around 1cm thickness and use a fluted cutter to cut as many rounds as you can. Reroll the trimmings to make 12 rounds.
2. Carefully line a 12 hole shallow bun tin with the pastry, gently pushing it down so that there is no trapped air.
3. Preheat the fan oven to 200C, 180C, gas mark 6.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot add the spring onions and bacon and cook for around 5 minutes until browned. Set aside.
5. Beat the eggs together with the cream, half the cheese and the thyme leaves. Season with some salt and pepper and stir in the bacon and onion mixture.
6. Spoon into the pastry cases, top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is set and the pastry crisp.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
If you’d like to try more recipes using 100% British flour, visit www.homeprideflour.co.uk
Visit our snacks and light meals section for more nibbles and small bites