- 1 litre vegetable stock or miso* stock
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 100g broccoli, broken into florets
- A few thin slices of fresh red chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Soy sauce, to season
* Miso soup paste or powder is available from most supermarkets - just follow the instructions on the packet to make 1 litre.
Heat the vegetable stock or miso stock in a large saucepan until simmering, then add the mushrooms, spring onions, broccoli and chilli.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add the coriander.
Season to taste with soy sauce (or use a little salt and pepper), then serve.
For a more filling soup, add a sachet of pre-cooked (ready-to-wok) noodles just before serving.
Nutritional values per portion
Energy: 42 kcal
Carbohydrate: 2g, of which sugars 1.3g
Fat: 1.5g of which saturates 0.1g
Sodium: 1.2g or equivalent as salt 2.8g
Our thanks to www.justaddmushrooms.com for providing this recipe.
Visit our mushroom recipes page for more great ideas for using mushrooms, or try one of our other Soup and stew recipes.