- Melt the oil and the butter, add the onion and garlic and cook over a gentle heat until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil, add the peas and tenderstem and cook until they are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove half of the soup and blend in a food processor then add back into the rest of the soup.
- Add lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in mint.
- Serve in warmed bowls drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
Like all vegetables, broccoli is a healthy choice and provides variety in a balanced diet. Approximately six stems or 80g equals one portion towards the recommended five-a-day.
Broccoli is very high in vitamin C and folate, a combination that is valuable in the treatment of anemia and fatigue, and is very good for pregnant women. It is also high in vitamin A and potassium and is a good source of iron, vitamin B6 and calcium.
Our thanks to 'I'm in season' for permission to use this recipe.